Experienced freelance translator (French to English)
Accurate rendering of your style, tone and content
Attentive revision of your English documents
Well-written idiomatic copy
Contact me for accurate but idiomatic English translations of your French documents
The English versions render the style, tone and content of the originals
Specific terms are checked against glossaries and translation memories and researched using reference books and online resources
The English versions of your documents are adapted to your needs, your audience and your sector
Translation qualifications & experience
- I am a qualified translator. I hold the British Chartered Institute of Linguistics (CIOL) diploma in translation. I am also a Member of the CIOL.
- I have over 4 years of experience as a translator and 6 years of experience of managing translation projects for an agency in Lyon.
Other professional experience
My prior professional experience has provided me with a broad understanding of different types of business and sector. This helps me to work effectively on my clients’ documents and adapt my translations to their target audiences.
I worked in the financial services industry in London for 7 years. The last position I held as product development manager for an Asset Management firm involved managing sizeable transversal projects, producing and maintaining technical marketing documents on the products, and updating the internet and intranet sites.
Since moving to France in 2006 I have also taught English to professionals from different departments, businesses and business units. Working with them on their documents reports and projects, and preparing them for their participation in conferences presentations and meetings gave me an insight into the key issues and drivers in their markets, locally and internationally.
I have a Master’s in history from the Ecole des hautes études en sciences sociales based in Paris and a Bachelor’s degree in history from Manchester University.
Other information & interests
I have been based in Lyon since 2006, and English is my mother tongue. I enjoy travel and have taken two years out during my career. I occasionally also work as an actor and do voiceover work. There is always a book in my bag and I am part of an English language book club.
I provide professional translation of your documents from French into high quality English, which means that the final version will match your French version and be adapted to your target audience in terms of style, tone and content.
Ask for a quote
Your document is already in English but you want to make sure that it is of a standard that is suitable for publication to colleagues or clients. As a translator I am ideally placed to make alterations, discuss any issues and ensure an excellent result.
Ask for a quote
I shall only take on work when I am sure that I can produce high quality results, so if the content of your document lies outside my field of expertise, I shall endeavour to recommend a translator who has the right skills for you.
Ask for a quote
areas of expertise
Advertising and Marketing
Architecture and Building
Banking and Finance
Food and Drink
ASK FOR A QUOTE
- You request a quote, giving (if possible):
- The number of words to be translated (in French)
- A copy of the document or a section of the document
- The deadline, and any other questions or requirements
- You receive a quoted price & deadline
- You confirm the order and send the final version for translation
- Your documents are translated
- Research during translation includes the use of private translation memories and public and private glossaries
- Your completed translation is sent to you by the agreed deadline
- Any questions are sent to you before delivery (if possible)
- Your replies or comments are integrated and the final version is sent to you
- If you still have any questions, just let me know!